Happy December 1st! I find myself having some trouble believing 2013 is almost over, but at the same time, I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot in this past year and am ready to continue moving forward in life.
This month, I’ve decided to take on one of those 30-day blog challenges. These challenge topics were inspired by EdgeofJade’s wordpress blog. While I will not be following these blog topics in the same order, I will try to do them all in some way. Today I chose to do #13: A list of 25 things you want to do in life. I personally think 25 is large number for a list like this, so I decided to list 10 more specific things I’d like to do. Like I said, I am going to take on this writing challenge in my own way each day. The following list is in no particular order.
1. Take a ride on a hot air balloon. I can’t remember what inspired this thought about a year ago, but I’ve always been interested in experiencing travel in different ways. In the past, I’ve been on planes, trains, automobiles, scooters, motorcycles, buses, rickshaws, and other things I can’t remember off the top of my head. I would love to ride over a city on a hot air balloon someday!
2. Go see the Ellen DeGeneres Show live. This one was a no-brainer for me. I’ve been a fan of her show for years and regularly watch it online or on TV. Her show makes me laugh and sometimes it moves me to tears. Seeing her live would be wonderful.
3. Go see the Conan O’Brien Show live. This show has been my favorite late-night show for years.
5. Get married. Someday, definitely. =)
6. Carve a pumpkin. I love seeing pictures of people’s carved pumpkins around Halloween, but I’ve actually never carved one myself.
7. Have a pet, preferably a cat. I adore cats, and most house pets in general, but I’ve never gotten to have one. I’m hoping someday I can financially support a pet and live somewhere where I can easily have one.
9. See all 50 states. I’ve seen most of the east coast, a few in the west, and I currently reside in the midwest, but I know there are more than a dozen states I still haven’t spent time in. I want to see them all!
10. Master french braiding. I try and fail constantly. My hands can’t seem to do it, but I won’t give up! Someday, I will be successful.